Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Change Can Be Good

Tomorrow, I go to a job interview at 3pm. I will find out if my new life will begin or whether yet or not. I am leaving my job and home at Camp Tracey of 7 years. I think I have put a lot into the ministry and in ways I feel as if I have invested more than what others realize. For seven years though, I have struggled, financially, emotionally and physically and it is time to make a better life for Dalton and I.

So, we are moving into Jacksonville, into the city. I am glad that I was raised in Houston, it will make the move into the city less of a culture shock. I am going to miss the country though, it is nice and quiet out here and Baker County has a lot of good things to offer. I hope one day that we can come back and settle down here. Until then, I am looking forward to a new life. In the city we will be closer to more stores, restaurants, the beaches, and importantly our church. Our church is in the city and that is where my family is. That is where most of the people in my life care about me and Dalton.

I am going to miss Camp Tracey and the people that I work with. Yes, I will see them at church but for the last 7 years I have practically lived with most of them. We are like one big family there. I have made a lot of memories there, good ones and bad, but, more good than bad. I'm going to miss working with my father in law. He and I have worked side by side for a few years now and he and I have seen the tough days and the good. He and I have memories, 7 years of memories.

But, I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for Dalton and I. I want to stay involved in church, I'm not sure how right now though.

Tomorrow, I will know if change for life will being tomorrow or not. If it doesn't, I know it will soon. I know that this is the Lord's will for my life and I know it will all work the way it is supposed to be, the way He wants it to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment