Friday, July 2, 2010

Turning 28 on the 28th

On June 28th, 2010, I celebrated my 28th birthday. I have always loved the fact that I was an even number baby from the get go and this year everything about my birthday in on even numbers (oh and my favorite number is 2). It is hard to believe that I am 28 already, I remember when I turned 18 and it seems to only been a few years ago. I don't feel much older, but the idea that I am almost 30 is still a bit to get adjusted to. For my birthday, I planned a cookout with some close friends of mine from church. My friends mean alot to me, we do alot together. I think one of the biggest things we do together is go out for Sunday Lunch and those are the times we make some memories. We were supposed to have hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill but at the last minute we were catered a steak and potato dinner from the Camp. It was really good and really nice. As you can see in the pictures, we really enjoyed our dinner. We sat around and talked for a while and then we had a delicous cake that my friend Sylvia made. It was amazing! Dalton and I just ate the last of it last night. After that we tried to have a group picture. It was the first time I had ever tried using the 10 second timer on my camera and it made picture taking a lot more fun and funnier! We got a good picture though and it will make a great memory that will last a life time.
My birthday was a good day. I had the time to think about my life and where I am now today and how I never dreamed that I would be where I am today and with a son. Of course, I've always dreamed about having a child but not this soon in life. I never saw myself working where I do now either. How many people do you know that work on a farm with troubled teenagers and do what they can to change their lives? I love it and I never saw myself being here for 7 years. In July, I will start my 8th year living here in Florida and at Camp Tracey.


I like to think about all the things I can do and the things I've seen and places I've been. I've been to Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Tennesse, North Carolina, West Virgina, Georgia, New Mexico, Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama. In Texas, I've been to Corpus Christi, Brownsville, El Paso, San Antonio, New Braufels, Dallas, Galveston, Austin, Amarillo and I lived in Houston for 18 years. I know how to play the flute, piano and harmonica, I know alot about the computer and how to fix one in most cases. I am a volunteer Fire Fighter, I am a certified First Responder and soon I'll be certified in the American Red Cross. I consider it a blessing to have the life I have. It may not have turned out the way I wanted but I am blessed to have lived where I have and done the things I've done. I'm blessed to be a mother to a 7 year old Son who is the love of my life. It might just be him and I for a while but that's okay.


As I look back on my life I realize that I've been through alot, emotionally, mentally on so many levels. I then have to remember that my life has not been as bad or hurt as so many others out there who have had to endure unimaginable things in their life. I am very blessed to have a God who has watched out for me, who has protected me and provided for me in so many ways that I can not count them all. I'm 28 years old now, I am still young and I look forward to seeing what else God has in store for my life. My goal in life is to stay in the will of God, to be the Mother He wants me to be to Dalton and to share the Love of God to those around me. I have had a good life so far and as long as I stay in the will of God, the rest of my life here on earth will be good. For 28 years, my God has been good to me and He will continue to be good to me as long as my heart stays close to His.







2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It's nice to reflect on how God has blessed us through the years!

    ReplyDelete